Unfortunately, mine turned out looking a bit like this:
Here’s a slight disclaimer: the pin I linked to above is not the recipe I used. I couldn’t find the recipe I used, which is probably a good thing. There seemed to be a few details left out.
Now I’ll share what I may or may not have done wrong so that you won’t make my same mistakes:
- I was completed unprepared. I thought I had tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella. Wrong! I didn’t have any of that, so I improvised.
- For the cheese I used a combination of co jack and parmesan in the crust and co jack on top. Different cheeses have different levels of oil and cook differently, so this could have caused a problem.
- I didn’t measure anything, unless I am baking I generally don’t. all sorts of things could have been wrong here.
- My oven is possessed. Sometimes it cooks way too fast, and others way too slow. The crust was turning a golden brown color, and I didn’t want it to burn, so I figured we were getting to a done point, unfortunately no.
- The recipe I used didn’t tell you how big to make it, or how thin to spread it. I like thick crusts, unfortunately I think combined with not measuring, and potentially having too many ingredients led to a soggy, not done crust.
- The lack of pepperoni and tomato sauce was really no biggie. I used bacon and ham. Everything is good with bacon, right? I even made my very own tomato sauce with diced tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. The sauce was sooo good. I will probably do that from now on. It only took about 10-15 minutes. I’ll give you a recipe for that later when I have a good picture of it to show off!