I created this little piece of awesomeness for a friend of mine.
Miss Jaxyn needed something special to wear for the Oh so famous Junk Gypsy, Junk-O-Rama Prom. Of course I was happy to oblige.
Here's goes a mini-tute for this rockin' skirt. I call it a mini-tute because I am not giving you super detailed instructions, but rather tips/guidelines for making your own. I think these skirts just may become a new item in the Jen Ell's Revenge Shop, so I can't give all my secrets away.
- Sewing Machine
- Jeans or any pants your willing to sacrifice in the name of creativity
- Fabric (as many or as few kinds as you would like)
1. Rip out the front center leg seams up the zipper however you see fit. You can use your seam ripper, you can cut them, you can even RIP them. Just be careful. Rip out the side leg seams up to about hip level. You may even want to remove the back pockets. Totally up to you, keep reading and decide for your self.
2. Pin the front center together all the way down, right sides together, creating a long straight skirt.
3. Cut a giant arch out of the back of the pants, and a smaller arch out the front. Use the large arch to fill in the smaller arch. This will give the skirt a bit more wiggle room.
4. Add fabric in the sides where you ripped out the seams. If you chose to remove the back pockets, this is where you put them back. Of course you can put them elsewhere on the skirt, the choice is up to you.
5. Next we create the back arch and ruffles. I cut out a gigantic piece of fabric to fit in the arch I cut out. Then I just started ripping long rectangles of fabric and creating ruffles. Once I had made a ton of ruffles I just started pinning and arranging them on my arch. Once I was happy with the arrangement I started sewing them on. After I sewed on all the ruffles I pinned the giant arch in place and sewed it on.
6. Embellish. Now I am not going to give instructions for that. Just have fun and add a bit pf pizzazz wherever you see fit.